Thursday, May 16, 2013

Drama and truama... life goes on...

The roof needed cleaned, so we hired a high pressure wash for the cleaning roof and gutters - I am such a coward, and I don't own a pressure washer. So when I returned from the YMCA yesterday, there was a truck with ladders and equipment and a man, so I said hello and asked him if he knew what day it was. He did, I often have no idea, but he knew. He was a day early to clean the roof, his name was Tom and he could come back tomorrow.  Nah, he could start and finish today, even better.

He did a fine job. But still had to borrow - a rake, a trash container, paper and a pen. The last two for a receipt of the cash for the job. While cleaning up the gutters and under the eaves he was surprised by a very fast bird, since the washer was cleaning out the nest the bird flew straight at the attacker and he lost concentration. Ever had something jump at you from a dark hole? it is always a snake, or large rat or ferret, isn't it? Well, the high pressure washer will take paint off as quickly as moss and mold (same stuff in many ways). So now I have new gang graffiti on my home, and will have to repaint the whole area later.

I had forgotten to tell him to miss that area. The nesting pairs had been coming back for years and years. I liked them dancing and darting and catching bugs in flight. I felt very bad. I didn't go to church that evening and ate too much - nullifying all my good work at the YMCA. Sigh. My wife made sure she gave the worker a Coke and an orange, he had also cleaned the concrete on the walkway and driveway, it looked good. After dinner I went back to reading Ken  Follett's Fall of Giants, first volume of the Century Triology.

Well, when I woke I decided to clean up some record keeping and looked up some file maintenance on the computer. I have been using the YMCA since mid-December, my weight is down twenty pounds. Good news, I still am a fat man but I have some harder muscles and could continue to improve in many ways. Slowly, but still headed in the proper direction. You want more good news? Well there is a very familiar bird building a nest under the eave, it stared at me with stuff in its beak, daring me to do that again. I won't, I am happy and the Sun is shining.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, easier to pay the man at our age Earl, and I'm sure that bird is NOT happy with you right about now!

    ReplyDelete