Friday, April 26, 2013

Wearing the Chinese field jacket around...

I took my wife out to see Oblivion, not that I like Tom Cruise, but I do like science fiction. Tom did just fine as Jack (is that his new actor character - Jack?).  Anyway, as I was waiting for my wife to get the medium popcorn and her Cola, I had a younger fellow (they are all younger now) telling me that my patches were cool.  NRA Life Member and the RWVA ones.

We talked a bit about guns, there is a gun show in Puyallup this weekend he said, I told him I was going shooting instead. Something about I didn't have any money and I wasn't sure they would have anything I really had to have. But that got me to asking if he was a good shooter, how could he say not? He told me he was the son of a peace officer and had grown up with guns.

I told him I was an instructor with an organization that taught rifle marksmanship to 4 MOA, and that is a one inch square at twenty-five meters. Since my wife was trying to get me to take some of the food off her hands I gave him my card, and told him to look up Appleseed Project, we all need to make every shot count. His companion looked happy when I said that. I imagine I will get an email from him one day.  Just for wearing my colors at the movie metroplex. 

1 comment:

  1. That's what we need Earl, more folks just willing to 'talk' rather than 'sell'... I'm betting he WILL look into it a probably will show up in the near future!

    ReplyDelete