Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Dreams don't bother me, education does...

I had lots of strange dreams last night, went to bed early and dreamed away.  Many military dreams, and then some dreams about one of my favorite games which grew some shrines and Holy trees both which improved powers and must be protected from raiders -- the game isn't built with those features. Dreams don't hurt me.

I went over the Program of Instruction for this weekend's Appleseed this morning. I don't see where we will shoot enough AQTs but if everyone moves Quickly, Quickly, Quickly, we should cover everything. That is marksmanship education with real standards and award for earning the title.

Which makes me wonder why after fifty plus years the education is worse than it was when  I was a student. What happened, why can't it get better? It isn't class size, it isn't text books, it isn't the standards, and systems do work. What is wrong with our system>

1 comment:

  1. Start teaching and find out. Then tell me because I don't know ... and I teach.

    ReplyDelete