Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Had to stop my devotional study this morning...

I am not pleased with Facebook fellows and am thinking about too much.

Seems the media has gotten excited about the US Supreme Court deciding about two cases where marriage will be only between a man and a woman.  I think that what the Court will decide is if the voters have any say in the future laws of the land, they will not be able to say that two people of the same sex have an ability to reproduce offspring, they will not be able to say that two people can love each other for the rest of their days bringing their love and blessings to the community of people that surround them and Glory to God in the Highest.

Scientifically, it is already established that some almost sexual act between two humans of the same sex will not produce nor reproduce a human being. I am of the certain but unproven (to me) opinion that scientifically and with medical intervention the half of one adult can be joined to half of the other adult and produce something un-natural but really human if brought to term and life.

I am also of the belief that if the life is started, it is real and could grow with care and lots of love - but I have no idea why one would want to do that, spend all that time and effort when there is a beautiful and natural way to have conception, birth, and raising a child into adulthood. All proven and blessed by God's love and most people's. I do not believe in abortion, but then I don't think making laws about it will change the stupidity, criminality or evil of the deed. The fool woman needs real love, the innocent life terminated needs your prayers, and there should have been more outrage that it is still an accepted choice for poor choices and bad behavior. The morality of slavery is the same morality of abortion. I am saddened that either existed, certainly sad that such disregard for real life is so lawful but so sinful.

I do say that you and all humans should love more - love others to the point of giving your own life to save theirs. So I have no problem with two men loving each other, women loving each other or men and women loving each other. But then I don't foolishly believe that anything they do is not wrong in the sight of my mind - or theirs - or their community - or in the Eyes of God and His guidance to us.

I am much too much a sinner to be preaching, especially about something I don't experience nor have studied, except that people loving each other to the point of giving everything they have, including breath and life itself for another is the way of the LORD. I do know that stupid laws, poor judgement and just disregarding scientific and moral truths won't make the world a wonderful place. It was wonderful when I woke up, without the fool adjustments by fools. I trust in the LORD, the others I will pray for, since they will need saved from the government.

John Brown wasn't hung because he believed that abolition of slavery was worth his life and the life of his followers. John Brown was hung because he fought the law, led an insurrection, and the LAW won. The government didn't have any love for those, right or wrong, that attack it in its stupid behavior.

Now, back to my devotional study, would love to get my walk with the LORD right before I am found wanting.  Pray for us all.  Amen

2 comments:

  1. Remember what C.S. Lewis responded when told that he should have dealt with other sins such as homosexuality. He basically said that he only dealt with sins he knew/engaged in/were tempted by, not with sins that he could not understand. (My interpretation after about 10 or so years since reading his response.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart man, but I never think of C S Lewis as a thinker about religion, I just know him as an author of Children's Stories.

      Delete