Tuesday, February 21, 2012

And why am I here, better yet - why are you?



I am starting a new blog because... the old one is done. I still want to write about what I see, think and feel. There are memories and dreams to share, and a bunch I won't share - I am so kind, or should be.

I have been watching many people become sucked into their electronic devices, the music ones aren't too bad, but from cell phones, to computer pads and electronic games - the awareness of what is going on gets farther away. Do you really feel you know what is going on because you can find out - Now - what is going on three thousand miles away? Does a quick text tell you all you need to know? To prepare for something?

I heard from my mother about how the weekly letter to family back in the United States went through a detailed process in my Grandparents era, to make sure the words were correct, the information was complete, the questions answered before they were asked, the polite phrasing and assuring. It must have taken hours, and very important communications. Now, well they tap out something and it flies and settles somewhere - or gets posted on YouTube and goes viral. Is the message still worthy? I hope so, real people are receiving it and it does matter.

2 comments:

  1. Here, indeed. Whether visiting several favorite blogs with a morning cup of coffee or when relaxing in the evening, reading insightful writing and expression of thought is worth the time. Good to see the new site up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Long-time RN said. I like reading your blog, Earl, even if I can't read it every day. I may not agree with your views, but you do a decent job of explaining from where they come. An intelligent person's opinions, no matter what his/her political views, are always welcome additions to my reading. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete